Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dont Hate Love, Dont Chain Freedom

Before you misunderstand me, let me get one thing straight. To hell with Valentine's Day. Its just another marketing strategy to mint money. Gift shop chains, hotel chains, music companies: they all just sell it. If I had a girlfriend, I wouldnt need this day to show her I loved her. A special day? How about her birthday or the day we first met? But nobody has the right to force people not to celebrate it. You cant beat up couples for it. Go ahead, burn cards, demonstrate against gift shops, show your resentment against the commercialization. But you cant impose your restrictions on the public. Personally, I dont like going to pubs & discs either. But I dont look down on people who do. Its a matter of choice. If its causing loss of morality, its their parents' problem. Who is this 'Sri Ram Sene' to decide? They look like a bunch of drug addicts themselves. And the Bajrang Dal have always been a bunch of class-A retards. But I was sorely disappointed with the Shiv Sena. It has always stood up for things that matter: for Maharashtra, for policemen vilified for killing terrorists, for poor farmers' rights. But not this. Come on, guys! An average middle-class youth otherwise supports you for your stand on other issues, if not the methods (but personally, I love the way you guys kick ass wherever deserved). You are only driving us away by impinging on our freedom. On a better note, the MNS had declared this as a non-issue. :-)

2 comments: