Monday, April 11, 2011

Morbid

I fear not this darkness that creeps across
For I find it calm and reassuring.
A sanctum for my troubled mind
Away from a thousand sinister stares

I fear not being left alone in this world
These hazy images shall my company keep
These voices in my head confuse me enough
For there to be a need for more around me

The cold breath of death I sense near
I fear it much, I do confess.
Yet life itself seems so filled with gloom
Not much would change beyond the end

So why this worry, if I sense no destiny?
Is it for those who love me, and have made me?
They may miss me, if I do go away
But move on they must, leaving my memory aside

Perhaps this is all a trick the mind plays
When imagination runs rampant, and pushes the real away
When you're hurt deeply and hope fades
When the more you reach for, the farther it goes

Yes, I have let a defeat again
Weaken my will, and drown me in doubt
I must fight the fear, and rise above
I can never bear, to be held down

Life it seems, is but a test of time
Of survival through the ebb and flow
Stumbling, falling, getting up and walking on
Leaving these morbid thoughts behind.

4 comments:

  1. A dark piece of work....this is one of the best of ur writings that i have read....knowing the darkness is the first step of walking out of it.....but sometimes darkness is what we need

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thought and well written. Just a piece of unneeded advice from another amateur, try to keep the transitions in thoughts smoother

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ Yes, will keep that in mind. But in this case I wanted it to progress like a train of thought, more or less. In fact, if it actually progressed like my train of thought it would be scattered all over the place :P

    ReplyDelete